Additional Closures on Guilford, Sutherland, and Winthrop Avenues and 29th Street
INDIANAPOLIS – Beginning on or after Friday, May 21, Citizens Energy Group will start work on the Fall Creek Consolidated Collection Sewer, a DigIndy Tunnel System project, that will result in the closure of the following streets:
- 30th Street: Closed between College and Dr. Andrew J. Brown Avenues
- Guilford Avenue: Closed between 29th and 30th Streets
- Sutherland Avenue: Closed at 29th Street
- Winthrop Avenue: Closed between 29th and 30th Streets; street parking prohibited
- 29th Street: Closed from Winthrop to Sutherland Avenues; street parking prohibited
The project and its associated closures are expected to last until summer 2022. During the project, crews will relocate natural gas and water lines, and construct a new consolidated collection sewer that will connect to the DigIndy Tunnel System near 29th Street and Sutherland Avenue.
Motorists will be rerouted around the project via a detour on 25th Street. A map can be found here. Please exercise caution and follow all posted detour and directional signage in the work area.
The open portion of the DigIndy Tunnel System already has prevented more than 2 billion gallons of sewage from entering our local waterways. When the entire system is complete in 2025, it will capture up to 6 billion gallons of sewage annually, restoring our local waterways to levels not seen in more than 100 years.
We know construction is never without its challenges, and we greatly appreciate your patience. For more information, visit www.CitizensEnergyGroup.com/Construction.