We have a career opportunity for a Water Modeling Supervisor to join our team!
The successful candidate provides leadership and oversight for hydraulic modeling, GIS data entry, and statistical analysis activities for the water system. Lead engineer or supervisory role. Leads and provides high-level technical and analytical expertise to support engineering solutions evaluations. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist. Engages in interactions with designers, engineers, consultants, and other Citizens departments.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, engineering codes, and Citizen’s policies. Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards as related to hydraulic modeling and GIS data. Provides technical guidance regarding projects and disciplines.
- Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with Citizens Quality Program. Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture conducive to quality. Provides guidance and direction to others. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Performs technical evaluation to support the preparation of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects. Leads development, calibration, and maintenance of the hydraulic models integrated with GIS. Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work. Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
- Actively coordinates with other internal/external team members on complex projects. Responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines.
- Identifies key client interests and drivers on projects, communicates to project team, and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns. May offer other services to the client. Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects. Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from either an ABET accredited program or sufficient education acceptable by management. A recognized accredited program in an applicant's home country will also be considered.
- 8 years of related experience. Water Modeling and GIS experience preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license in the United States, or alternate approved by management. State of Indiana driver’s license required within 30 days of first day of employment.
- Indiana Professional Engineer license or other recognized certification.
- Practical experience in the development, calibration, and analysis of system flow modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and applicable guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Proficiency in computer software in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office applications, ESRI software, hydraulic modeling software, and Oracle databases. Ability to lead junior staff. Detailed understanding of utility systems, and other infrastructure projects at Citizens. Ability to work in an office environment.
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Adoption and tuition assistance
- Employee Credit Union
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Hybrid schedule
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Minimum Salary: $86,600 (Grade 11)
Job Posting Deadline: Open until filled
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.