This is the perfect opportunity to supplement your income with flexible hours!
The successful candidate will read customer gas and water meters according to scheduled routes. Records readings on a hand-held computer. Watches for, investigates, and reports any gas and/or water leaks or other irregularities in meter service or Citizens Energy Group facilities. Works directly with customers to gain access to meters, resolve reading issues, and answers questions. Maintains a high read accuracy rate and read completion rate while minimizing customer inconvenience and complaints.
What We Offer
- Starting pay is $16.49 per hour
- Eligibility to receive annual Short-term Incentive Pay up to 9% of your annual earnings
- Incentive Pay at $5 per day
- Mileage is paid at $.56 cent per mile
- Flexible scheduling allows working in conjunction with school, another job or personal free time
- No experience required and paid training
- 401K with immediate vesting
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Read gas and water meters on scheduled routes
- Customer Relations (problem solving)
- Driving of employee provided vehicle
- Watch for, investigate, and report gas and water leaks and irregularities
- Clerical Work (mileage reports, time cards, update customer information in system)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid Indiana Drivers License
- Must be available for training and have ability to work flexible part-time hours
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must hold valid Indiana Drivers License
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and other conditions including but not limited to lifting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Previous Delivery or Route experience is preferred
- Previous Outside Work experience is preferred
- Previous Customer Service experience is preferred
- Fluent reading and speaking English and Spanish is a plus
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Hourly rate: $16.49
Deadline to apply: The position will remain open until filled.