We have a career opportunity for a Technical Specialist IV to join our team!
This position reports through the Underground Engineering & Construction (UE&C) department and the Private Development group. The Private Development team is responsible for the oversight of planning, design, permitting, contracting, construction management, inspection, close out and transfer of ownership of developer installed projects associated with the water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
This position seeks an advanced level water/wastewater plan review technician. Under general supervision, the successful candidate uses electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures to assist with reviewing multiple private development projects of medium to high complexity by assuring compliance with plan submittal and construction standards. May provide technical guidance and assistance to other technical specialists. Engages in interactions with designers, engineers, consultants, other Citizens departments, and other agencies.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Assists with cost estimating, budget development, Contract Administration, progress tracking, construction schedule adherence, change order evaluations and negotiations, and contractor and consultant invoice reviews and processing.
- Proactively applies Citizens Quality Program to deliverables. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts. Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency. Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- May develop moderately complex design concepts and deliverables. Begins to make decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation. Capable of handling difficult technical assignments within an area of expertise and can provide technical guidance. Performs design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates, and records. May review the deliverables of others.
- Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development. May support field activities.
- Assists with identification of key client interests and drivers and may determine key clients in some instances. Communicate client interests and drivers to project team members and develop approaches to accommodate these concerns.
- Manages internal and external staff performing construction services. May monitor staffing and available skill sets for projects. May identify resource application needs and process requirements. May define work assignments and maintain schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma, equivalency Certificate, or sufficient education acceptable by management.
- 6 years of related experience and/or training or 4 years of Citizens experience.
- Valid driver’s license in the United States, or alternate approved by management. State of Indiana driver’s license required within 30 days of first day of employment.
- Associates Degree in Drafting or a related Engineering Design Technology.
- Intermediate knowledge of Citizens Energy Group’s Sanitary and/or Water Standards.
- Advanced experience with design or review of water and / or sewer construction drawings.
- Experience in the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments to include, but not limited to, CADD or other electronic applications.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Citizens policies and procedures. Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Ability to work in office and field environment. Detailed understanding of applicable systems and other infrastructure projects at Citizens. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others as well as work with minimal direct supervision. Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize project tasks, and assist in managing a project team.
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Adoption and tuition assistance
- Employee Credit Union
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Hybrid schedule
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Minimum Salary: $61,700 (Grade 8)
Job Posting Deadline: Open until filled
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.