We have a career opportunity for a Technical Specialist III to join our team!
This position reports through the Underground Engineering & Construction (UE&C) department and the Private Development group. The Private Development team is responsible for the oversight of planning, design, permitting, contracting, construction management, inspection, close out and transfer of ownership of developer installed projects associated with the water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
This position is for an intermediate level water/wastewater plan review technician. Under general supervision, the successful candidate, uses electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures to assist with reviewing multiple private development projects of low to medium complexity by assuring compliance with plan submittal and construction standards. May provide technical guidance to other engineering technicians. Engages in interactions with contractors, designers, engineers, consultants, other Citizens departments, and other agencies.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes, and Citizens policies and procedures. Able to review project requirements and accurately determine the correct format and content of the required deliverables.
- Begins to proactively apply knowledge of the Citizens Quality Program to ensure that deliverables are accurate and compliant. Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Broadens the use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables. Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs. May perform basic computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- Assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while utilizing an understanding of external clients’ main interests and drivers.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Manage internal and external staff performing construction inspection services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma, equivalency Certificate required, or sufficient education acceptable by management.
- 4 years related experience and/or training or 2 years of Citizens experience.
- Valid driver’s license in the United States, or alternate approved by management. State of Indiana driver’s license required within 30 days of first day of employment.
- Must pass and participate in the random Drug & Alcohol program in accordance with Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administrative (PHMSA) Regulations 49 CFR Part 199 (PHMSA drug and alcohol testing regulation) and 49 CFR Part 40 (DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations).
- Associates Degree in Drafting or a related Engineering Design Technology.
- Basic knowledge of Citizens Energy Group’s Sanitary and/or Water Standards.
- General experience with design or review of water and / or sewer construction drawings.
- Experience in the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments to include, but not limited to, CADD or other electronic applications.
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Citizens policies and procedures. Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Ability to work in office and field environment. Understanding of various infrastructure projects at Citizens. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others as well as work with minimal direct supervision. Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Adoption and tuition assistance
- Employee Credit Union
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Hybrid schedule
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Minimum Salary: $55,000 (Grade 7)
Job Posting Deadline: Open until filled
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.