We have an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Collections Maintenance Tech I to join our team!
The successful candidate is responsible for assisting with various wastewater (WW) collection system OM activities requiring expertise in the operation of specialty WW collection system assessment and cleaning equipment and techniques necessary to maintain safe, continuous and efficient operation of wastewater collection system in accordance with operating instructions, safety regulations and practices.
What you will be doing...
- Ability to assist WW Collections Maint Tech II or III with set up, operation, and take down, as necessary for the following WW Collection System specialty equipment:
- Combination sewer vacuum and high pressure jet rodder truck with positive displacement or centrifugal blower and debris storage tank up to 15 cubic yards. Knowledgeable in the use and operation of various high water pressure driven nozzle types for cleaning and root removal in sanitary and combined sewers ranging in diameter from 4 to 36 inches.
- CCTV van fully equipped for WW Collection system assessment including CCTV camera system (I-Bak, Aries, and RST), cable system, computer work station and ancillary equipment.
- Easement jet rodding unit, either trailer mounted or self-propelled.
- Basin Cleaner (STETCO Multi-Use Municipal Loader) for debris removal from a variety of WW collection system structures.
- Back-hoe including towing trailers used for transportation of equipment and materials.
- Support equipment including but not limited to: Air compressors, dump trucks, snow plow, fork lift, front end loader, smoke blowers, portable push cameras, and hand held metal detector.
- Ability to assist with WW collection system assessment activities including but not limited to: dyed water flood testing, manhole inspections, smoke testing, combined sewer overflow discharge inspections, siphon inspections, and acoustic sewer assessment.
- Assist with preparation of areas and equipment for cleaning sewers. Task may include lifting manhole covers and grates.
- Assist with/set up traffic control for work sites associated with the WW specialty equipment described herein.
- Confined space entry is occasionally required; proper use of fall protection equipment, confined space monitoring equipment and use of entry permits are mandatory.
- Duties also include working with construction and maintenance crews cleaning and repairing sewers at various locations.
- Completion of daily time sheets, work orders and daily production numbers (i.e. footage cleaned and debris collected).
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you will bring along...
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use a computer or computer device for record keeping
- Requires the ability to read drawings and maps and interpret documents such as operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
- Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions
- Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees
- Must pass a heat stress test if requested
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime as circumstances require and share on-call responsibilities
- Must maintain a valid Indiana Driver's License
It would be great if you also have...
- CDL Class A and B W/Tanker
- Wastewater Class I Operators License
- Wastewater Class I Collection System Operator
- PACP Certification
- Previous Wastewater Plant and Collections System experience
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Adoption and tuition assistance
- Employee Credit Union
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
This is a bargaining union position and a member of the Local #725 AFSCME. Hourly rate is $25.17 per hour.
Qualified Internal Applicants (AFSCME Bargaining) if interested, please submit a bid form to Roger Hanas.
Qualified Internal Applicants (IBEW Bargaining and/or Non-Bargaining) should submit their resume by the deadline.
Posting Deadline: February 1, 2023
Citizens is a drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.